Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Birth of a Legend

Welcome home, Mr. Bond

This is Kate Upton (L). You may recognize her as the girl you have always loved but never knew existed. She is one of the "Rookies" in this year's SI Swimsuit Edition and has been a model for Guess? among other stuff. Right, and she is only 18. So, yeah, I think it is safe to say she will be around for awhile.

I like to think of myself as a bit of an expert on which models are going to flip the switch and get launched into the stratosphere of modeldom and she is next. For those keeping score at home I was on the cutting edge of Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Bar Refaeli and Irina Shayk. I did not see the Brooklyn Decker love coming, but I'm fine with missing the mark on that one. Of course I have no evidence to back my assertions except for my undying love for the SI Swimsuit Edition since Tyra Banks was on the cover (before she turned into Oprah without any sort of talent) and more specifically the bodypaint portion, which Ms. Upton stars in as well this year.

Links to know: Her Twitter (Followers jumped by a few hundred today), Her Website (WATCH THE INTRO), SI Swimsuit Home

5 comments:

  1. The SI Swimsuit Edition is the greatest thing of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14, point taken. I'm with you in a lot of ways, but it is still a nice resource to find up and coming talents. A nice starting point for a Google Image search if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck that is a nice picture...to be 18 again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is the chick on the right? (beside Kate)

    ReplyDelete